Sunday 31 October 2010

Hrm

So I haven't written in a long time. It's a overcast Sunday at this present moment and not much is going on. The weather plays upon my mood somewhat, and I guess I reflect upon the month that has gone by.

Life is a funny thing sometimes, things happen when you least expect it, things you expect don't happen, and just day to day, life keeps on rolling by.

I've been watching the tv series How I Met Your Mother, and in a way, it has been an interesting show from the perspective that it actually contains really solid relationship perspective, to the point where you could take it with a grain of salt as advice. At least if you look at it in the right perspective.

My life right now is a bit of an up and down, but life is always like that. The best you can do is to look up, and look forward. Things happen, generally for a reason. It's nicer when you might have input or control in why and how it happens, but sometimes you simply don't. When these kinds of things happen, going with the flow can sometimes be great, instead of being afraid to plunge into the great unknown. Name it a sense of adventure perhaps if you will, but much of history is filled with that adventure, be it exploration, or experimentation where people were not afraid to rally against the norm.

While I am not exactly fighting any social norms at all with my behaviour, it is more against a self-restraint that years ago would have blocked me from enjoying parts of life that I do enjoy today.

So dear reader, like the Jim Carey movie, Yes Man, be open to everything in life. Life indeed can be short, you never know when your time may be up, so don't go around saying "no" to too much in your life.

No comments: