Saturday 20 November 2010

Reach Total Care review

So I've had this new toothbrush for a few days now, and thought to shed some light upon it.

As the title says, it's a Reach branded toothbrush, the model being Total Care, and its a medium bristle stiffness.

The first appearances was it looked pretty thin by comparison overall, there is a hole in the middle of the handle, and the bristle design is all bristle without solid plastic nubs or bars (typically polishers is what they are called?).

It is quite light in the hand, and on the back of the head is a uniform pattern of ridges as the tongue scrubber.

Upon first use, and then comparison is that the head is quite small, it looks about 1/5th shorter than the Colgate heads, though the width is of comparable size, however, it is very noticable in difference when brushing far into the molar reaches. This being the first Reach brand toothbrush I've had, I can understand their adverts now that it really does get back there quite nicely.

The medium bristle stiffness isn't particularly noteworthy until you start to apply firm pressure with the brush. The thinner handle on it flexes quite considerably and deflects so that the overall pressure on the gums is reduced, so you can still get a good scrub without hurting your gumline at all.

The only thing that confuses me is the hole in the grip. Its meant to be the thumb position hole, but I don't grip my toothbrush to use the hole. Further more, I don't see how the hole helps anyway.... ~shrug~ gimmicky to me. The only other thing of note is that the tongue scrubber is pretty poor. I prefer the slightly flexy ridges and pattern from the Colgate, it seems to actually do something instead of just a bumpy surface that the Reach brush provides.

So, for me, it's a good head due to the size to get in easily and around, light and flexy grip to provide comfort when brushing firmly, but, has unnecessary points about it.

No comments: