Tuesday 29 March 2011

Status update

So, my folks went off for a three week trip yesterday to Taiwan to take care of our ancestors graves. Taking along with them 20kg of presents in typical Asian fashion -_-; Hopefully they have a great trip and come back safe and sound.

In the meantime, I am being fairly home-bound for the purposes of anti-burglar protection, even though we have an alarm and neighbours who know my parents are away. We typically have someone at home almost always, so for piece of mind I guess I am consciously choosing to do so too when I can.

It's been a while since I've 'cooked' since I was away in New York, not counting occasions at parties etc. I made a simple tomato rice tonight, standard rice in rice cooker with a dash of salt, and a few chopped up tomatoes (chopped quite fine) and set into the cooker. I put in extra water so it would be a little spongey since if the rice was really dry, the tomato flavour wouldn't really have any opportunity to seep and infuse through the rice.

The rest of the meal was fairly ordinary since it is leftovers from yesterday though I did make my brother's lunch, which includes sweet scrambled eggs (Japanese style) with some shredded fresh carrot marinated in chilli oil (I made the oil in 2006, so it's steeped a really good portion of the chilli flavours) along with the tomato rice so hopefully he finds it relatively edible lol.

I got some potato, pumpkin, eggplant and zucchi today at the supermarket and the checkout lady told me I was really healthy as everyone else is just buying junk food and chocolate, and I should keep it up XD...

Hmm, besides my errant shooting, and the usual watching of television shows, nothing else is particularly new that I have to discuss except that, as it is, life is good, nothing to complain about though financially I'm in a slowly sinking hole, but thats just how it is when your income isn't as fast as your expenditure. But, I have a little while before I'm in trouble thankfully. Then I guess I'll have to really look for work proper instead of my shooting dreams.

I guess thats it for now. Though, I had a thought, I entered the 2012 Diversity Lottery last year... it's not May yet... so... if I get a letter from the US State Department.... uhhhh what will happen to my short term situation >_< Well, no point thinking bout it til it happens anyway :)

Over n out~

No comments: