Sunday 27 January 2008

I'm actually terribly bored at the moment, and thus why I've posted so much in the last few hours or so.

I completely forgot to ramble on about my outing the other week.
I went and saw Akmal Saleh at the Opera House.
And, was he good or what?! He was!

Anyone who enjoys a bit of stand up comedy, has no issues with strong language and some uh, shall I say, religious content in a negative light, would really enjoy it. Akmal really does a fantastic show and works off well from his audience. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard, nearly brought me to tears really. He had a warmup guy, Joel something, and he too was very very good, quite some brilliant moments of impromptu comedy with routine jokes and pre-fab material but neverless, superb.

I went with this person from kendo, Sam. It was good to get out and chat with someone that I knew nothing about, and for the record, no it was not a date. Besides, not my type =P

And to complete on with the rambling, last night I was out also in the city. Had kendo practice and oh my gosh, my legs and arms are so so sore at the moment, but the practice was really good. Strong fundamental basics are always important, and having not trained properly in two years I really needed it. Mark, our 'sensei' really picked on my, but I appreciated it since I am attempting grading next saturday and without it, it probably would not go so well. And now at least I am more aware of what I need to be careful about.

After kendo, we all had lunch at Thai-La-Ong, on King St, Newtown (lunch special $6) and then buggered off downtown to play some LAN. The majority of them wanted to play DotA, which is some kind of map mod for Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, where as I prefer my FPS for LAN. But in the end we also played a bit of CoD4, BF2, BF2142, BFSF, and Jedi Knight. It was a rather late night out, but it was ok, nothing special, just gaming really.

Hmm, what else has been a happening. Not much.
A friend of mine, Paul, recently got me started on a series called Satisfaction. It's showing on Showtime in Australian PayTV. It's about these girls who work in a Brothel called 232. Yes, there are sex scenes, but it is honestly a really good show about the lives and the things that come along with being a sex worker. Balancing families, lives outside of work, relationships and so forth. I really like it because it is quite a 'makes you think' type of show. Well, it is for me anyway.

I've also watched Burn Notice season 1, and that was actually quite good too. The quality of the rips weren't great, but the show is very entertaining =)

In terms of anime, hmm, Bamboo Blade is one I'm watching, it's a kendo one, very good. Just finished the first season (dont' know if there is going to be more) of one called Moyashimon (Tales of Agriculture) about this kid that can see microbes. Quite funny. Then there is also Kaiji, which is from the same maker/artist as Akagi (I think by the style of the art). Um, what else....
Oh yeah, Minami-ke. That one is kind of like Ichigo Mashimaro but with three girls in a family and their 'daily' lives. Very funny too.

Hmm.
Still playing DDO, waiting for Module 6 to come out. Um, lets see, and that is pretty much it I guess.

Oh, Happy Australia Day. For yesterday.

Oh yeah, my bad memory.... Paul also sent me a link to a website called just bento (it's a blog, www.justbento.com) and it's really good, so if you're into Japanese food, you might want to check it out =P

And I think that is pretty much it for this post. If I find more to rabbit on about, I'll post again!

No comments: