Friday 21 January 2011

Airport fail and general matters.

So, my brother and his girlfriend were planning to go to China for two weeks. I woke up early this morning to drive them to the airport. So, I get to their apartment and discover that her passport was expired -_-; So, now they still wanted to go to the airport to see if they could get away with it. Drive to the airport, 45min via the M5, not too bad. Turns out, passport expired = no go. Fail. I kind of expected that to happen but oh well. They're now going to try and get her passport emergency expedited so they can get it in 4 days and go over with a cut short holiday.

In general affairs of life, I've been still shooting a lot. I've shot 1164 arrows this month, with still one more week, compared to 1150 odd for all of December. So, there is today, Sunday, next Tuesday, Friday, Sunday to see if my count gets to a reasonable number.

I've taken the step of deciding to be much more serious about my shooting, as you kind of have to be, and as part of that, I'm obtaining quotes for a new shooting rig. I know it's kind of unnecessary, but there is a mental game involved, a subconscious aspect of knowing my gear is up there instead of nearly a decade old etc, and so I hope it boots my confidence levels somewhat in a way. It won't be cheap, but considering the last time I actually bought new gear besides arrows was like in 2004-2005, it's not a bad investment, kind of like a computer in that you spend to a certain level so your upgrade times aren't so short between each cycle. I certainly know people who switch bows yearly -_-;

Kendo, has been a little interesting in that I have pretty much come to the decision that I'm not really prepared for grading, and right now am 90% sure that I will not grade at Picton. With my shooting concentration in gear, it means I probably won't really be focusing on my Kendo for a while now until after my archery goals/dreams are met or shattered lol.. But I'm okay with that, everything has it's own time.

No comments: