Saturday 15 January 2011

Ramping Up

So in this edition of Don's life...

Been shooting, a lot. I shot QRE's on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, with additional shooting at uni today also. In looking at my score progressions in the QRE, I started with a 475, 526, 553 and 569. Steady rise, and while I won't shoot a QRE over the weekend, it will be interesting to see what might come about from the QRE on Monday, if I manage to shoot a similar 560 area, or if it will dip somewhat.
In the last two weeks I have shot 728 arrows, quite a solid amount by comparison to other periods. Quality shooting however is also important, so that is something to take into consideration that I am shooting with a purpose, be it strength training or form.

Kendo hmm, there is training tomorrow and a mock grading on Sunday that is being held by Itakura Sensei. I will hopefully attend both though my shooting tiredness is demotivating me a bit. I really need to work a lot on my Kata. It has me more worried than my jigeiko component for grading, only three weeks away or so. Nidan would be fantastic if I could pass it this time round, thats for sure.

Socially, I've been out a few times with friends, mahjong party that turned into cupcake baking (with a Mega Cupcake mould from Catch Of The Day) but it was a really great time. New Years morning at Maroubra beach was good, along with a BBQ breakfast cookout following. Other than that, not much has really happened terribly so on the social side, went to Karaoke for a friend's 21st at Mizuya, and then to Echo Point on Pitt St for a club social event : )

My guildies have seemingly stopped playing DDO, so once more alone in the world, but I'm now 15k xp from lvl 18 with my half-orc barbarian lol... slowly grinding away....

Work, has kind of started again, the spray dryer is back and running again, and I ran one trial experiment while I wait for some microscopy support to be organised. My supervisor got promoted to full Professor so thats fantastic for him.

Hmm, other than that, not much has happened in the last month or so.
Questions? Comments?
Toss em my way : )

No comments: