Monday 19 July 2004

Well.
Today was semi eventful.
 
Not really.
 
Besides receiving my bank statement finally from the ANZ bank, and discovering that I earned 3 cents of interest for the last financial year, I didn't do much at all. 
I did attempt to use the ATO (Australian Tax Office) new software.
But it was screwed.
 
If you have no dollar amount at lump sum A or B, you're not going to be able to use the software.
I have no dollar amount at lump sum A and B, and so it gives me an error.  And of course won't lodge my tax return.
 
And so, I had to do it by hand, and now it's ready to be posted tomorrow.
 
According to the software, I'll be getting $3 323 in my tax return, which is pretty good, and I'll be blowing about $1300 in archery gear =)
I'm sure my parents won't be impressed, but who cares?.
 
And, I watched two episodes of a anime called Girl Bravo.
 
It's quite funny, and different in a slight concept compared to a lot of other anime.
Where it is similar is a pile of cute girls, a non-earth planet and cultures, a perverted guy, and of course, a highschool where a lot of this mess occurs at.
Where it is different is the character, the poor guy is ultra short, and shorter than all the girls at his school, and he has been bullied by the girls so much, he has developed a girl phobia, and a mentally triggered allergic reaction where he will break out in hives when girls touch him or are in very close proximity.
 
And of course, what happens?  He falls into a bathtub, gets transported to another planet, where the male population is less than 10%, and the females go nuts all trying to grab any guy to be their "love slave" (since they are so deprived and short on guys)......  And so he manages to escape back to earth through another bathtub, but one of the people from Sieren (yes, a pun on Siren) comes back with him, and that is where their wacky adventures come from.  But wait, he *isn't* allergic to her, even though she is female......
 
And then I watched the first episode of Band of Brothers.
 
It's a series played on HBO in the states, and produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielburg.
It's a historical fictional recount (as in the characters were made up, but based on true events) where the memoirs of actual soldiers from the 101st Airborne Paratroopers are collated to form the tale of their role during WWII and how important it was to the overall success of the war for the allies.
It's a very "real" series in the way it is done, and at the start of each episode is a old soldier who retells a anecdote and the rest of the episode leads on from there.
I've seen snippets of it, but it's pretty good already after 1 episode.  Jules has the whole series on DVD.....
 
Ah, I love the oil heater.  It's a nice 19 degrees in my room right now.
=)
 
Sheesh.  The wind is crazy.
Very crazy.
And it's cold outside with a sprinkling of rain.

No comments: