Sunday 18 July 2004

Hmm.
 
Oil heaters a good.
 
I have a 9 fin baby in my room, and she's managed to bump the temperature up from a nice chilly 13 degrees to a semi chilly 17 degrees.
And that is operating on mid power.
I don't really want to push it to the max, as it might take a lot of power from my already overloaded powerboard that everything in my room runs off since I have no power points in my room as I have lamented about previously.
 
Today, I watched Master and Commander; Far side of the world.
Wasn't too bad.
Nice tall ships, oh boy do I love those things....  I don't know what it is exactly, but the majesty of the masts and sails on full sails just plowing through the clear oceans makes me wish I could be on one....
 
The story apparently is based upon a series of books, in which the first one is called Master and Commander, and the fourth (I think?) is called Far Side of the World.
The scripties took bits from both books and mashed them together to the movie.
 
The action was pretty intense and heavy with cannons and muskets and pistols and cutlasses of all sorts.  The death of their men was very sad, especially with the cursing of their own midshipsman.
I was queasy in some ways when the doctor went to work.
 
Strange thing, I have no problems with cutting up dead people.  But when you add life and blood.... red pumping blood.  I have a problem.
 
The acting was pretty good actually, and I think that Russell Crowe did a very good job as Captain Jack Aubrey.  Quite enjoyed it.

No comments: