Tuesday 3 August 2004

I haven't mentioned anything about my interview (as far as I can remember).

The interview was last Wednesday at 3:00pm in the Blackburn Building at the University.
They were running slightly behind schedule, and when I got there, there was another person waiting for a interview. A dark skinned girl, and she had a fake leather folder with "Portfolio" written across the front in a nice gold script. Quite swanky in my opinion. Probably far more appropriate for a corporate position than a technical officer, but I guess that is just my view on these things.

Anyway, her interview seemed quite quick and soon I was taken to a room where there were four people present. A person from the histology section of pathology, the laboratory manager, a member of personnel services, and the vice deputy head of department for the department of Pathology.

They asked me quite a few questions, all in turn, relating to my experiences in management, budgeting, teaching, looking after equipment and so forth. Fairly easy for me to answer, but I guess I do lack a lot of work experience in the same field, but neverless I thought my answers were well put.

One thing that did seem strange, and perhaps a heads up about the work environment was they continued to ask if I had ever dealt with difficult people, if I knew how to look after situations where there was disruptive behaviour, and similar questions. Does this mean their environment has people who are disruptive or difficult behaving?...... Concerting.

I got smiles and laughs as I had what I considered a very casual interview. I felt it went well.
But who truely knows?.....

I asked (when they asked if I had any questions for them) if I could know how many others had interviews, but for some strange reason (not given) they couldn't tell me......

I was told that I would get a phone call if I was a successful candidate by this coming friday, 6th August. Otherwise I would get a letter in the mail saying I was not offered the position.

Oh well. So now I am playing the waiting game all over again.

No comments: