Tuesday 29 August 2006

A mixed day of events today....
A poor wake, second breakfast at university, submission of two journal papers for publication review, and then archery.

Shot a rather mixed bunch of groups, one really nice X, 10, 10, 10, 10, 9, which was pretty much the best I had all day, reasonably grouped was most of the other ends, except when I was getting tired towards the end of the day where random shots from really really poor releases were missing the board, which at 30m is actually depressing. But I haven't shot for a week, so getting back into the swing of things no doubt will take a little to pick up again.

My questionaire on the messageboard seemed to invoked a variety of responses.
Mainly, do I want to actually answer this?, it would seem how I worded it was insulting, to treat my friends as if they were subjects or samples in some kind of social psychology experiment, or that I was testing their knowledge of my personality. I feel kind of hurt that they would think I would actually be doing that, because I honestly did not mean it that way. I have had a few responses via email as it would appear no-one wishes to voice their thoughts on the messageboard, and that is fine.

So far, one complete and thorough response has really picked me well to what I believed I am like and is, one partial answer set did well considering their limited contact with me compared to in the past, althought there were some difference of opinion, there is still a core that is the same, ie, saying that truthfulness is there by saying what is always true, as well as saying untruthfulness (someone else saying this) is there because even though I tell the truth, I hide/omit/bend the truth to suit me. However, the truth is still there, just often like smoke and mirrors, I guess Nigel style, but I think I am certainly more out and open there than his methodology. I know I am good at avoiding telling the whole truth when I need to, want to, but for most part, I tell it like it is, as I see it.

It will be interesting to see if I get any more responses, and what they say, and perhaps I shall gather a compilation of the things said (no editing of course) and see if it also seems to match with what I write here if it is any display of me at all with words plaining on a screen.

No comments: