Monday 18 September 2006

Today, I got an email from Drying Technology Journal.
It stated that the two reviewers had responded to my manuscript.

Reviewer number 2 simply said that they could not recommend my manuscript for publication, and reviewer number 1 said

*********************************************************************************
Reviewer 1

This is objectiveless, unfocused and inconclusive paper. The product chosen, the results and discussion go everywhere. Neither the technical, nor the writing part is clear and properly explained. I cannot recommend to publish this paper. There is no way that it can be improved or rewritten.

I have attached my comments (only at the initial part of the paper).
**********************************************************************************

Although, at heart, I can be pessimistic, today, it has been seen that I can be more than just that. Even though I expected some heavy criticisms to my work, I certainly did not expect something so heavy as a abject rejection, especially with comments stating that there is no way it can be improved or re-written. Further more, to say that my work was objectiveless and unfocussed, well, I guess I have just wasted another 6 months of my life doing this right?.....

Ugh, sometimes this kind of stuff just sucks big time.
I'm wondering what my supervisor will say about this result, especially since he had high hopes. In addition, as it was to be a key cornerstone of my thesis material, for it to not be published is a big blow in terms of material, and timeframe also..... there goes finishing in 3 years.

No comments: